Friday, May 05, 2006

Blogger's Introduction

An Indian by birth and a Bengali by choice, I believe diversity can be a source of strength rather than division, which is why I chose this profession- technical writing. As a technical writer I not only get a chance to write and work on diverse products and services but get a chance to mingle with various like minded folks from various communities. Knowledge shared is knowledge gained, and to a large extent my blog’s objectives is to share and learn technical writing knowledge amongst various quarters.

To speak a bit about myself: I am currently pursuing an Executive degree in Management from Alliance Business school, Bangalore and have a degree in Communications from Bangalore University. I started my career as a content writer for a portal called Indiainfo.com; my job responsibilities included planning, creating and managing portal news, editing articles and writing features for the portals’ Movies and Eves. I graduated myself from content writing to technical writing mainly due to my interest in technology related services. The first manual that I worked on was on a pocket calculator; it brought me a job and the company who took me on their hold was Xora Software Systems. I was with Xora for a year and a half wherein I learnt the intricacies of technical writing mainly the processes. During my stint in Xora, I developed user manuals, administrative guides, release notes, online help, marketing papers, build docs etc.

Success brings a lot of responsibilities, and my proactive nature was noticed by folks to entrust me to lead Bangalore Technical Writers Meetup. I took the onus and have been leading the group for a year and half now. It involves me in scheduling the meeting venues, topics, speakers, emailing the mailing list servs, managing the meetup website etc. Refer the meetup website for further details http://techwriter.meetup.com/2/; we are a group of more than 550+.


With two and half year of work experience, I find myself with Infosys Technologies as a Technical Communicator doing documentation alongside with Usability Testing. Also, I have done some work on Usability Testing of Documentation too. Apart from all this, I am a quizmaster and run the quizzing shows in Infosys, compose poems etc. Various articles of mine have been published online. In case, you are interested to have a brief look into my portfolio, please tinkle me sometimes. You can find me at
holypriest@gmail.com

Happy Blogging!


No comments: