Friday, December 22, 2006

Beating your own drums!

And the saying goes, "what's there to cook when you have crap in your mind?". I have often wondered what it takes to get popular in a proffession? Whether it is necessary to be proactive and simulataneously beat the drums? or is it to keep quietly doing one's job and have an innovative approach? A mixture of both should be ideal, and I am saying after some years of working in an IT Industry.And that's even more the reasons I think we need to understand what's that we want from our profession?

I've been part of the technical communication circuit from the past 3 years; a large part of my time has been devoted to understanding the intricacies of technical writing, which I am sure will take some from time. Anyway, continuing with the mailing lists, there are discussions of all sorts; from highly technical to non-technical aspects. The addresses have been mainly writers with some experience in the field. Though the writers mainly post their queries on the mailing lists, they do want them to be personally shooted an email.What results is just the apposite.

No comments: